Wargames, Board Games, Card Games, Computer Games. Take a deep breath...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

A Return to Blood Bowl

I was talking to Aido on the phone today. "It's decided," he said. "We're getting into Blood Bowl. That's our next game."

Hey, thanks for consulting me.

Considering 'we' are already playing Magic: the Gathering, Warhammer, Warhammer 40k (well, I don't), and the occasional board game, and computer games too, another game just adds to the list.

Works for me. I am the only one of us who owns Blood Bowl, and I have Wood Elves, Humans, Orcs, and Chaos to choose from. I think I will do an orc team. My other teams can be made available for others to use. I also have a Beastman team, as I wrote that team into 3rd edition Blood Bowl, and it was printed way back in Citadel Journal Issue 29 (and Blood Bowl Compendium II).

Aido is going to scratch build his own board, using my original as a template, so we'll have four people playing at any one time. Which is good since there will be four of us playing initially, plus whoever else wants to join in.

The initial teams will be Orcs, Skaven, Lizardmen, and whatever Eddie wants to play. Probably orcs too.

It was good timing for me, since just last week I had looked at my collection of Blood Bowl miniatures and thought about repainting them. I did them between 1993 and 1995, and frankly they look shocking. This will give me an actual reason to repaint them.

Look for some initial league (or whatever form it takes) reports in late March.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

1:08 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home